Fred A. SilvaManaging Shareholder
- Agricultural Law
- Agricultural Transactions
- Antitrust Class Actions
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Transactions
- Complex Litigation
- Winery Law
Mr. Silva is the Managing Shareholder of the firm. He specializes in the areas of business litigation, agricultural law, and complex civil antitrust litigation. He handles litigation and transactional matters involving agricultural properties and businesses and is experienced in transferring family businesses to the next generation. Mr. Silva and his family have owned dairy and farm property for over 30 years.
Mr. Silva also serves as Outside General Counsel for the Stanislaus County Employees’ Retirement Association and is familiar with the County Employees’ Retirement Law of 1937 and also the Brown Act. He has provided pro bono legal services to several organizations in Modesto and Stanislaus County, including Gallo Center for the Arts, Inc., Stanislaus Farmland Trust, Modesto Portuguese Pentecost Association, Valley Recovery Resources, and The West Side Healthcare Advisory. Mr. Silva was elected to the Board of Directors of the Gallo Center for the Arts in 1998 and served as chairman of the Board of the Gallo Center 2001-2008.
Born in the Azores, Mr. Silva is fluent in the Portuguese language.
- University of California, Davis, 1986, J.D.
- University of the Pacific, cum laude, 1982, B.A. (Economics)
- State Bar of California
- Stanislaus County Bar Association (served as President in 1995)
- University of California at Davis Law School Alumni Assn. (served as President 2001-2002 and as Board member 1995-2009)
- U. S. District Court – Eastern District of California
- U. S. District Court – Northern District of California
- U. S. District Court – Central District of California
- U. S. District Court – Southern District of California