Laurence W. DempseyOf Counsel
- Corporate Governance
- Healthcare Fraud and Abuse
- Healthcare Transactions
- Hospital and Medical Foundation Operations
- Medical Staff Bylaws
- Nonprofit Law
- Peer Review
Laurence W. Dempsey became Of Counsel to the firm in August 2012. He has 35 years experience of supporting both hospital and medical foundation operations, including contracting, practice acquisitions, peer review, credentialing, governance, fair hearings and appeals, risk management, consent and bioethical issues, litigation management, and medical staff bylaws. He has extensive knowledge of Stark, the Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA, EMTALA, and nonprofit corporation law. His transactional experience also includes completion of 27 separate hospital acquisitions and dispositions.
Mr. Dempsey served four years in the U.S. Air Force. He is a past president of the Rotary Club of Modesto and currently serves as Chairman of the Salvation Army’s Modesto Citadel advisory board.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 1977, J.D.
- Virginia Military Institute, 1970, B.A.
- State Bar of California
- Stanislaus County Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- California Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- U. S. District Court – Central District of California