Duane L. NelsonShareholder
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Wrongful Death
Duane Nelson specializes in personal injury with over 45 years of trial experience.
Duane Nelson specializes in personal injury with over 45 years of trial experience. Mr. Nelson directs the firm’s cases involving personal injury and death claims, including motor vehicle, construction, governmental, homeowner, and products liability cases. He is responsible for substantial jury verdicts and tort recovery for clients throughout California. Mr. Nelson received a certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution from Pepperdine University School of Law and has served for many years as a mediator/arbitrator for the Stanislaus County Superior Court and in private mediations. Mr. Nelson served as a legal officer in the U.S. Navy in the Western Pacific and as a legal advisor with the U.S. Naval Advisory Group in Vietnam from 1968 to 1971. He joined the firm in 1971.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1967, J.D.
- Member of Thurston Society for scholastic achievement
- Member of Hastings Law Journal
- University of California, Berkeley, 1964, B.A.
- Professional Admissions/Qualifications
- State Bar of California
- Stanislaus County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution from Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution from Pepperdine University School of Law
- U. S. Supreme Court
- U. S. District Court – Eastern District of Calif.
- U. S. District Court – Northern District of Calif.
- U. S. District Court – Central District of Calif.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Named a Northern California Super Lawyer in 2006
- Professional Affiliations
- American Association for Justice
- Past member of Board of Governors of California Trial Lawyers Assn.